Friday, August 12, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Sixty

Day 60 - Contrast
I’ve been at this blog for nearly three months.  It doesn’t feel like it.  I thought after 30 days, a new practice becomes habit.  While this blog as been easier at times, and my attitude has certainly been very positive periodically over the past three months, it feels like it’s getting harder with time, not easier.  I’ll be interested to see how the next breakthrough comes.
It didn’t happen on “Day 60.”
I had two meetings - the first was lunch with a hypnotherapist I met recently, and the other was to introduce a couple of people over coffee to expand their personal networks.  Both meetings were very pleasant and offered interesting potential.
The balance of the day was sort of like the day before - Eeyore’s cloud came back.
I’m reminded of the Abraham-Hicks quotes I receive via email every morning, and some talk about “contrast” - you have to experience what you don’t want in order to identify what you do want.  This must be one of those weeks - where the things I do want aren’t present.  So I am taking a long, hard look at what I don’t want - not to dwell on them so much as to learn from them.  
I have to be grateful for the contrast, so that I can be clearer in my intentions about what I want in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment