Monday, August 8, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Fifty-four

Day 54 - The Help
I had two particularly good experiences today (Thursday, 8/4).
The first came with my friend Jen, who helped me create a logo for a business idea I’m working on.  It’s not really a new idea - it’s still HR solutions - but it begins the process of giving my business an identity beyond just its name.  And I couldn’t have done it without Jen’s talent.  She’s gifted.  I’m so grateful for her generosity.
The second came with my friend Ellen.  Here is one of the kindest, most giving people I’ve ever met.  She “gets it” on every level, and I’m so glad we met.  We went to see the new movie “The Help” - we got tickets to a free screening - and had a blast.  The movie was OK (when the final credits started, she turned to me and said “I haven’t read it yet, but I think the book was better.”  I agreed), but the time spent in line talking, and then talking afterward, was priceless.  It was a particularly pleasant evening.
I realized later that both of these amazing women have helped me.  They, and others like them, have been my help, and I’m grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment