Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Seventy-two


Day 72 - Recounting the Surprise
I have had several opportunities to recount the story behind making it onto the front page of the newspaper.  I’m not looking for these opportunities, but I have to admit it feels good to get some positive press, even if it’s about a negative subject.  It also led to a conversation about another article that claims our current unemployment rate is actually much closer to that during the Great Depression of the 20th Century, but our politicians don’t want to admit it.  That’s one reason why they aren’t trying to count anyone but those currently on Unemployment Insurance rolls.
As I thought about being in another Depression, as we most surely are, it dawned on me that I’m not going through anything that my grandparents didn’t endure.  But they endured it, and were OK.  In fact, from my childhood perspective, they did fairly well, all things considered.  They could even afford a sail boat when my mom was in high school, so they must have been doing something right.  
So I press on.  It helps to gain a little perspective from time to time, and Day 72 was OK.



No comments:

Post a Comment