Monday, October 8, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day Three Hundred Thirty-one



Day 331 – Imperfections

I just discovered that I have another “repeat” in my blog – this time over “reminders.”  On Day 19, and then again 140 days later, that was the title of my blog entry.  As I see this, I am conscious of my apparent inability to catch this before I publish it.  I no longer remember the circumstances of either day beyond what I wrote; I don’t know if I was in a hurry, or stressed, or just careless.  Regardless of the reasons why, I broke the rule I had set myself – again – for not repeating my thoughts and looking for new things for which to be grateful.

I have a feeling this will not be the last such discovery.

It reminds me that I am imperfect.  Despite my best efforts, I still make mistakes.  I’m human.  I’m glad I am made aware of a mistake that really doesn’t matter; it affects no one but myself.   

If I allow myself to be imperfect, to make mistakes without further judgment, can this help me give others the same consideration?  Can I allow others their imperfections?  I’d like to think so.  It’s something to be aware of, though, as I interact with a whole new set of co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment