Monday, October 8, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day Three Hundred Forty-eight



Day 348 – Practicing Patience

I’ve been on the job now for three weeks, and so far, I have nothing to do except “on-boarding.”  The orientation process seems to be self guided, and at times, self created.  I watched all the orientation videos, and read various documentation online, but I have little to do otherwise.  I haven’t yet met the One Stop team – those I am supposed to be training – but I’ve been told that once the training on our new systems has been completed, my introductions and my work will begin.

I find myself chomping at the bit, wanting to get busy doing what I’m supposed to be doing.  Without a clear picture, I feel a little unsettled, but maybe by jumping into the middle of it will help me get a better idea of what the team will need from me.  I hope I get something to work on soon.

In the meantime, I remind myself of the definition of Patience I heard decades ago: “Patience” is not letting anyone know you don’t have any.  I am getting some practice on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment