Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Twenty-seven

Day 27 - Kindred Spirits
In my profession, I talk a lot about alignment - values, priorities, vision - and I often mention that it’s the same process in both one’s professional and personal life.  It’s wonderful to be able to live it instead of just talk about it.
I had a couple of networking-coffee meetings with very inspiring people.  They have great energy and vision, and I’m delighted to spend time with them.  One is also in HR, and who knows?  We may end up working together.  Our expertise is complementary, not competitive, and I really like her style.  I’m certainly open to the possibilities.  
Then I got to see a friend I’ve known for a period of years, but who lives in Utah and I don’t get to actually visit with him - we’ve been trying to arrange our travel schedules to cross paths, and it just hasn’t worked.  
Until this weekend.
Our stories have a number of similarities, and our kids are close to the same ages (mine are a few years ahead of his).  But we have so many common interests, values, viewpoints, that it was like meeting a part of myself.  It is so gratifying to meet someone with whom the communication is easy, and we had a lovely time.  I stayed and visited with him well into the night, coming home later than I had intended, and not the least bit sorry.  Kindred spirits don’t come into my life every day, so I am thankful when that lucky day arrives and I get to spend some time with him.  It was the best way to end a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment