Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Thirty-two

Day 32 - Hobbies
I’m glad I have a hobby.  In my case, it’s glass art.  I haven’t been creating much lately - with my focus on my career and the temporary/transient nature of my life at the moment., I haven’t felt much like coming up with new projects to work on.  Besides, glass is expensive, and I can’t really afford it.
So instead, I’m working for the glass school in exchange for torch and kiln time.  This gives me the opportunity to keep doing things I enjoy while helping the school.  I want Aquila Glass School to thrive - the people there are wonderful; the environment is very comfortable.  And when Leah tells me the work I’m doing helps her so much, I feel really good about doing this.  
As it stands today, this hobby keeps me busy, engaged, and involved in something I really enjoy.  You can’t beat that.


No comments:

Post a Comment