Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Twenty-four

Day 24 - New Friends & Colleagues
I have met some really cool people in the past couple months, and I really think the ability to network on this level is unique to Portland.  I’m lucky to be here.
And the weather has been spectacular!
I spent the evening with two HR professionals I met through networking.  Virginia and Jenny are two people I really admire, and I feel honored and humbled to be welcomed into friendship with them.  We met at Jenny’s house for a light dinner and we talked for nearly five hours about everything from our professional experiences to our personal stories.  It was a fantastic evening that I hope we can repeat.  I cannot adequately express the gratitude I feel to have them come into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment