Sunday, July 24, 2011

A year of Gratitude - Day Forty-three

Day 43 - Knowing
Early in this effort of a daily blog (which is much harder than it seems), I mentioned the concept of clarity.  This is related.
Today, I’m grateful to know what I want in life.  There are many things, but I’m only going to mention a couple to illustrate what I mean.  I’m grateful that I’m able to identify in very clear terms what I want.  Some people find themselves at a crossroads not able to decide what they want - what do they want to be when they grow up; what kind of life do they want to lead, what kind of car, house, spouse....  I know what I want, and I’m going for it.
A dear friend told me a couple days ago that he got engaged; his partner proposed in a very traditional manner: on bended knee with a diamond ring.  I was thrilled for him, and deep down, a little jealous, too.  I was telling another friend yesterday about the news, and I told him this is how I want to get engaged - a man on bended knee offering me a diamond ring.  Later on, I thought about how much I sounded like a total girl.  Then I thought, why not?  I’ve been the one to propose twice before (both times with disastrous results).  It’s my turn to be wooed, to have my love earned.  It won’t be one-sided (in either direction).  Yes, I know what I want.
I also know what I want to be when I grow up.  In fact, I’m grown up, and I’m being what I want to be... now I just have to figure out how to make a living at it.
I’m so glad the ambivalence is gone on the important things.  OK, Universe, bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment