Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Thirty

Day 30 - Repeated Joys
OK.  I have been doing this for a month now, and I can’t come up with a new idea.  My goal was to post something different - 365 separate ideas - for which I am grateful up until my 50th birthday.  I can’t tonight.
BUT... I am grateful for the fact that some of these things that happen repeatedly - sun and warm temperatures, driving with the top down, friends who sustain me - and for the improvement that comes with the recurrance.  All the little joys that come in the form of a perfect rose, or the hillside covered in wild roses in violent bloom, or the view of the Willamette on a sunny day as I cross the Sellwood Bridge, or the text message from my daughter saying “I love you,” make me feel better for experiencing them.  
I hope they keep happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment