Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Seventy-three

Day 173 - Sitting
I will be cat sitting over Christmas.
When my friend asked me if I’d spend the two weeks starting on December 19th, I didn’t hesitate to agree.  In my view, being requested to stay in someone’s home and take care of his family (albeit of the feline variety) is an honor and a compliment.  It didn’t occur to me immediately that I would be away from home on the holiday, and the more I thought about it, the more I wondered how it would work logistically.
Still, I’m excited about the prospect.  Privacy is something I gave up nearly three years ago when I got laid off and gave up my apartment.  The chances I have for it are fleeting, so I take them when I can.  And pets are like grandchildren (at least what I keep hearing about having grandchildren): they’re wonderful to play with, and then you get to give them back.
I picked up the spare keys to his place today, and he gave me the quick tour of his studio apartment and introduced me to the cats.  I’m looking forward to it.  (I just hope the neighbor’s unsecured Wi-Fi will offer a strong enough connection to allow me a regular Internet connection.)  Somebody help me remember to bring the coffee pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment