Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Ninety-three

Day 193 - Options
When I was in Victoria a few weeks ago, Nacho and I went into a gallery displaying beautiful works of glass art.  I saw a frit bowl, and immediately thought, “I can make that.”  I went to the glass studio today excited to work on this new project, but unfortunately chose a time when those to whom I turn for guidance were unavailable.  No worries, I can work at the torch instead.
So I made a couple more drops for my chandelier, and after only two, decided I think I’ve made enough of these; it is time to do something new.  So instead, I experimented with some twisties.  I’m not sure how they’ll turn out, but it was fun to work on them.  
The thought came to me how nice it is to have options.  It makes being adaptable so easy.  As my life takes turns I don’t expect, it will be important for me to look for my many options, and choose those that make me feel good.  I expect there to be times when the options are not obvious, or my plans are somehow thwarted; nevertheless, choices are there, and I will turn my attention to the positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment