Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Ninety-one

Day 191 - Slow Days
Today started early; I facilitated my every-other-Tuesday job seekers group, and had a much longer commute than usual since I’m staying in NW Portland.  I managed to get there on time, though no one else did.  We had fewer participants today - expected since it is a holiday week.  It was the last Breakfast Club meeting of 2011.
The rest of the day was wide open - I didn’t have anything else on the calendar, and I was free to do what I wanted.  I didn’t have any networking meetings - at a coffee shop or otherwise - so I took advantage of the time to really relax.  It is amazing sometimes to note how much stress can build during a time of no work (I will approach work-related stress very differently from now on).
It was a pleasant day.  I didn’t get everything done that perhaps I might have, given my slow pace, but at least it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment