Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Eighty-four

Day 184 - Keeping the Faith
Sometimes it is difficult to keep the faith.
I received a phone call from the hotel I really wanted to work for, but it wasn’t the call I hoped it would be.  It was a rejection.  The HR Director called, and she said all the “right” things.  Unfortunately, it was simply a vocal version of the standard (and rather patronizing) email brush-off.  I was definitely disappointed.
I am convinced it means only that this wasn’t the right opportunity for me.  There is a reason I had the premonition about it - I must have felt it subconsciously, and the reality wasn’t a manifestation of my fears, but rather the realization of factors that my mind could recognize but only process as a gut feeling.  It wasn’t meant to be.
My mom forwarded to me an anonymous quote years ago that said, “Everything works out right in the end.  If it isn’t right, it’s not the end.”  While my hopes for the future may have been postponed a bit longer, I remind myself that everything is temporary, even the low points.  Keeping faith in myself may not be easy sometimes, but it is what I need to do.  Giving up isn’t an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment