Monday, December 5, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Seventy-six

Day 176 - One More Step
I was in a networking meeting today when I received a call from a (206) area code - Seattle.  There was no way of knowing who was calling, though it appeared to be a main line - the last three digits were zeros - and I assumed it was one of the hotels I am pursuing for work.  Sure, enough, it was the waterfront resort where I met with the HR director last week, and as she began, I wondered if she was going to say “Thank you for your interest” or “We want you to come in for another interview.”
Thank goodness it was the latter.  I now have interviews scheduled with the Director of Sales and the Managing Director of the property (I’m not sure what that title means) on Thursday morning, which means I will have to leave for Seattle a day earlier than planned.  (I’m glad I’m driving and not trying to work with flight itineraries!)
Now the research begins on these two.
I now get to take one more step toward my future.  I’m not sure what it all means yet, where it is leading, or how I will feel about it when it finally settles down, but right now, it feels good to think there is hope.  ...I hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment