Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Ninety-four

Day 194 - Collaboration
I was back at the glass studio today, ready to work on my frit project.  It came together just as I had hoped.  (Now, let’s see if it turns out.)  I also had time to talk to Leah, one of the instructors, as she worked on a fusing project, and we discussed another idea I’m contemplating.  She helped me consider various construction considerations, and in the process, gave me some wonderful ideas on how to bring my project together.  
The collaboration with an experienced mentor is a fabulous process.  I completely understand why someone first expressed this moment as a “lightbulb going on over [my] head.”  It was as if the whole room brightened for a moment, and I’m excited to work on the design.  I will do so over the weekend.
I often wonder how anyone progresses - or even survives - without collaborating with others, learning from them and growing in skill and understanding.  I am blessed to be surrounded by such talented people who are willing to help.

1 comment:

  1. It was my pleasure to flip that lightswitch! I look forward to seeing how the piece turns out.

    ReplyDelete