Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Thirty-eight

Day 238 - Good Weather
Today was a good day to be driving: the sun was shining, the roads were dry and in good shape, and while I was a bit disappointed to see so many people on the road on Superbowl Sunday, I didn’t come up on a great amount of traffic along the way.
I drove up to Seattle again for an interview at a hotel in the South Lake Union area.  The director who didn’t hire me in Bellevue put me in touch with the GM of this property, who in turn asked for my resume; we had a couple of brief, but positive conversations.  He asked me to drive up on Sunday so that I could interview with him and his boss, the VP of Operations, first thing Monday morning.  Of course I told him I’d be delighted.
I left Portland right after lunch, and had an easy drive up.  I found the hotel easily - it’s right next to the Seattle Center, and that happens to be a neighborhood I know well enough to get around.  Ryan at the front desk put me into a nicer room than I had originally been assigned - “with a view of the Space Needle” - and it all felt good so far.  (The view wasn’t a direct one of the Space Needle, but I could see it if I stood just so....)
The GM told me their renovation had been completed several months ago, and it all looked fresh and very new.  I was impressed.  I opted not to order food from their menu, though (I thought it was a little pricey for my budget), so I walked a block to the QVC and got some deli salads that ended up being delicious and cost less than $6.  Score!
It was a pleasant day, albeit rather boring.  I am excited for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment