Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Forty-three

Day 243 - Somewhere to Rest
The days are getting progressively worse.  I suppose today started OK - I got the oil changed without too much trouble; it took a little longer than I had expected, but the bill was a few dollars less than I expected - I’d say a good trade off.  
Then it was time to go to the Job Finders Support Group.  I was questioning whether to go, since my mood was quite dark.  I don’t think it’s a good idea to take your anger and/or depression into a group setting (especially when all of the other participants are dealing with their own stuff), and I was definitely feeling off.  
I decided to go anyway, and would mail a Thank You note to a colleague who gave me 90 minutes of her time and a free lunch.  When I pulled into the post office lot, I realized I had left the note at home.  My choices were to go ahead and go to the meeting, mailing the note later (probably being postmarked tomorrow), or go back to get the note, mail it, and be late to the meeting.  I decided to mail the note and skip the meeting.  My mood was shot.
I passed a little time, and then decided to go to Aquila - maybe I could accomplish something there.  I was there about 20 minutes, unable to concentrate.  I came back home.
I then slept for two hours.  It’s amazing how tired I can get when I do absolutely nothing.
The best I can come up with to be grateful for today is someplace to rest.  I had the daybed on which to sleep.  It’s something.

No comments:

Post a Comment