Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Fifty-five

Day 255 - Nice People
I had a very pleasant conversation over coffee with one of my Breakfast Club participants.  Manuel is an attractive, articulate man with a positive attitude and an easy smile.  He asked me for my opinions on his resume and “sizzle sheet,” the former having been done by a paid professional (which I thought looked pretty good except the 10pt font).  We talked about more than our respective job searches, too.  It was a good meeting.
I came away from the cafe thinking how fortunate we are that one can find so many genuinely nice people here in Portland.  Obviously, we can find nice people everywhere, but there is something unique about Portland’s culture that seems to bring out the nice people a little more.  Maybe it’s the gloomy weather, and people compensate; I don’t know.  But I’m glad for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment