Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Thirty-two

Day 232 - New Positives
I had a positive experience today (I certainly needed one).  I had the chance to present an interviewing skills topic at the Worksource Oregon Job Club this morning, and it went really well.  It is moments like this that remind me, once again, why I do what I do.  I love this work.  I just wish I could make a living at it.
And my afternoon networking meeting was good, too - I got a couple of networking referrals, for which I was grateful.  I heard back from one of them this evening - nothing definite yet, but at least we’ve connected on LinkedIn.
Even though I don’t feel as if my career has benefited immediately, I felt as if today’s small positive moments have helped me (emotionally).  I keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment