Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Fifty-two

Day 252 - Celebrations
I went to a couple of birthday celebrations - a brunch and then a party - for my friend Arnie.  He turned 50 today (a milestone I’m about to reach myself), and it was a happy, festive time.  I was glad to have been invited, and to share in his day.  

Arnie’s partner, Blair, plays the piano, and we all benefited from their recent purchase of a Roland digital “grand” during the evening.  Arnie had given Blair a “play list” for the party, which he managed to get to at various points through the evening (though I’m not sure if he finished any of the songs - so many people were interrupting and distracting him), and a couple of us had a chance to sit with Blair on the bench and sing along.  (Fortunately, it wasn’t a performance - no one heard me except Blair, thankfully, as I was not in good voice at all; but it was fun all the same.)
I met a few really nice people there, and I thought how fortunate I am to have such great friends who know other good people.  I enjoyed my day.  The fact that a happy celebration was the reason for it was the icing on the cake (so to speak).

No comments:

Post a Comment