Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Year of Gratitude: Day Three

Today I am grateful for my daughter, Elizabeth.
At first, I thought it was going to be difficult to come up with something to be grateful for.  The melancholy that came over me last weekend has been strong today, and I haven’t had a lot of "good" to think about.  Then I thought of what Lizzie did for me this morning.  
At around 9:30 AM, she sent me a simple text message: “I love you.”
When I asked her what prompted the message, she said I “sounded sad” on Sunday and wanted to help me feel better.
It worked.
I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful, loving daughter.  It has been a less-than-stellar day for me, but when I think of the love she gives me so freely, I really do feel better.  She’s a big reason why I keep trying.
Thank you, Lizzie.  I love you, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment