Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Seven

Day 7 - the end of the first week of Gratitude.
I went out to dinner with some dear friends.  They make me feel included, and I appreciate that.  Portland is a small town, and everybody seems to know everybody else.  I have been away for long enough that, as I get to know people now, I forget how interconnected everyone seems to be here, and I often find out someone I’ve met already knows someone else I know.  And without taking anything away from the friendships I still value and try to maintain in Southern California, it’s different here.
“The Boys” (as I like to call them) will occasionally invite me to join them for dinner or parties, or whatever, and they treat me as if I have been in their circle for years.  Blaine, in particular, is careful to make me feel special.  Ken is among the most caring individuals I’ve ever met.  Scott (“Bobo”) and Harold, Dan, Randy... I could name them all, and talk about their individual traits... but together, they are greater than the sum of their parts, and I am so very lucky to have been brought into their fold.
So for Day 7, I am grateful to “The Boys” for making me feel like I’m part of something really special.

No comments:

Post a Comment