Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day Eighty-seven

Day 87 - Work Should Be Fun!
This is my motto.  And although I don’t have full-time work at the moment, I’m working very hard.  Long days have little to show for the effort I put into them.  But at least today it ended with some fun.
I met a wonderful new friend for drinks at Local Lounge for happy hour.  Linda Reed is a delight - boundless energy, always up-beat, funny....  I can’t help but have a good time when we get together.  We met at a networking group for executive level job seekers, and instantly hit it off.  I was hoping she would bring her partner this time, but Judith had a conflict and couldn’t join us.  Next time, I hope.
If I get nothing else from these networking groups, I have made some really good friends.  For that, I am immensely grateful - you just can’t have too many real friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment