Friday, September 21, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day Three Hundred Twenty-seven



Day 327 – Palm Springs

After work, I went to Palm Springs and started the weekend with dear friends – friends from Portland that I had met in Palm Springs, and other great guys from different parts of the world - for a semi-annual gathering.  Though the location was the same, the people were the same (with a few extras), and the weather was the same, this time was completely different for me.  I was different.  I was employed.

I left work a bit early (pre-arranged) to avoid the traffic, and made it in spectacular time.  It was wonderful to be embraced once again by such a wonderful group of people.  And now that I live only 90 minutes from Palm Springs, I kept coming back to the thought of how easy it will be to visit with the friends who live here.  Wow… so much has changed in such a short period.

How lucky I am to be able to spend time with quality people in a great location, and just have some fun without wondering about the job search or how I was going to make ends meet.  Again, all I can say is "Life is good."

No comments:

Post a Comment