Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Three Hundred Twenty-one

PREFACE:  Like so many things, I let this blog go as I got busy with life coming back to "normal."  I was busy getting ready to start my job; I was busy getting settled in my new job; I was busy doing so many other things, many of them very important, but I let this drop.  As a result, I will not be able to speak to the thoughts I was having on each day.  Instead, I will finish out this "year" with things for which I am grateful today as I look back on each day.  In some cases, I'll be able to remember the day and what it brought (thanks to my calendar); but for the most part, I'll finish out the "year" the best I can with what I have in my head and heart.

Day 321: Relief

I didn't have anything on my agenda today.  It was totally open.  And today, being a Friday, I didn't have a job seekers' group to attend, or any networking to do at all.  This is a departure over the past year; over the past three years, in fact, because today I know I can relax knowing I have a job to go to.  

I'm sure it's an idea I'll come back to for awhile: it's good to have a job.  I can relate better now to my parents and grandparents who survived the Great Depression.  I have a better understanding and appreciation for their attitudes about saving money, going without today in order to be more comfortable tomorrow.  I'm not suggesting I was living a frivolous life up until February of 2009.  On the contrary, my life has been primarily driven by frugality, but I can appreciate it more.  I get it.

So today, I breathe easily.  I'm grateful to be able to relax in a very real way.

No comments:

Post a Comment