Monday, November 5, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day Three Hundred Sixty-two



Day 362 – Repeats

YAY!  


Today marks the end of my sixth week at work.  For many, this would be the “hump day” for the typical 90-day probationary period, but Brandman uses a 180-day custom for new hires.  There was no explanation as to why, and I guess I had a severe lack of curiosity about it as I never inquired.  It’s interesting, though – I wonder sometimes, as I read my personal email or furtively access Facebook, if someone will notice that I’m not doing much yet and question why I’m here.  But my boss knows, and I’ve asked my co-workers if they have anything on their agenda with which I can help.  They haven’t had anything, so I guess I’m OK.

Still, I see the repeats happening – the work I have is still here for me each morning; the desk still has my photo of my daughter and me at Cannon Beach; the job is still mine.  I’m happy to have a job – it may not be using my skills yet, but it’s giving me that sense of normalcy I’ve lacked over the past three years.  No, I’m no more normal than I was six months ago, but my world is.  I’m back.  And I’m happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment