Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Moral Support

This topic is one that frequently lands high on my list of things for which I am grateful.  Unlike my first yearlong effort on this blog, where I tried to come up with something new each day without repeating anything, I am not placing such constraints on the entries this time.  I expect this is going to be a topic of reflection again throughout the next year (or whatever period I choose to write).

As the events of the past few weeks play back in my head (a daily – and sometimes hourly – occurrence), it cannot escape my conscious thought that I have made it through the challenging parts as well as I have because of the moral support of my friends.  I am confident they already know how thankful I am (I’ve told them).

But I also consider how lucky I am that I have a few close friends on whom I can rely.  My heart goes out to those who are truly alone and have no one to help them along.  I also empathize with those who may be in a relationship, but whose partner is not supportive or understanding.  In all, I’m very fortunate to have the people in my life who make an effort to make sure I’m OK and who affirm my soul.


7/365


No comments:

Post a Comment